Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Noodle Log - How do you handle Indifference?

View James Nudelman's profile on LinkedIn

Who has a customer that behaves indifferently? For example, the potential client says: "Just send some information in the mail." OR "I don't really need a new vendor right now, I am pretty happy with everyone I am working with, but thanks anyway."

We all know that the above examples are blowoffs. So, how do you handle them? What do you do to separate yourself from your competition, when your customer is already working with them?

We will discuss some opportunities in future posts.

With that, we throw another log onto the fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noodle,

I have two approaches. Either I ask questions to learn more, or perhaps I try to merely set up a time for an appointment for the following week.

Anonymous said...

Noodles,

Usually I ask questions to overcome indifference. "I am already happy with my current vendor." "I am happy to hear that. It sounds like your vendor is doing a great job. By the way, if there was one thing you would change about this vendor, what would it be?" Or "Can you think of an example of something you would prefer they did differently?" This can help uncover opportunities. I.e. "Well... If I could change one thing, I would have them return my calls quicker. Sometimes it takes 2 days!"